Executive Summary For Kim Park Wolcott, NY Wayne County
With excellent public speaking and organizational development skills concentrating on management, collaboration, long term planning and advocacy. Proven leader and change agent boasting a distinguished career building solid partner relationships and leading teams to achieve common goals. Visionary manager with a solid reputation for spearheading programs of long-lasting value, executing process improvements and cost-saving strategies, serving as the driving force behind successful operational initiatives in both the public and private sector.
- Public Relations
- Fiscal Management
- Change Agent Community
- Outreach Relationship Builder
- Public Spokesperson
- Long Range Planning
- Operational Manager
- Program Advocacy
Professional Experience & Accomplishments
- Wayne County Board of Supervisors 01/06 to 12/15 Chairman of County Finance Committee providing oversight of $172M budget and respective departments
- Chairman, Wayne County Blighted/Environmentally Challenged Property Committee.
- County Finance Chairman overseeing Real Property Tax, Tax Auction, Treasurer and Information Technology.
- Ten year committee member providing oversight of Social Services, Aging and Youth and Veterans Office.
- Chairman Public/Mental Health and Nursing Home for seven years achieving significant cost savings for County.
- Decreased County tax rate for five consecutive years resulting in a 17% savings in tax rate.
- Led consolidation projects to completion through consensus and team building.
- Networked and collaborated with all levels of federal, state and town governments regarding various issues.
Town of Wolcott,
NY 01/06 to 12/15 Chief Executive Officer of Town; management and development of budget, direction of personnel, departments and union issues and community public relations.
- Spearheaded grant opportunities and successfully obtained over $6.25M.
- Discovered savings and efficiencies in various departments reducing town budget resulting in reducing tax rate by 15% and held tax rate flat for tenure.
- Implemented and led approximately $17M in infrastructure projects from conception to completion on time and under budget
- Planned and directed work efforts of departments and personnel while maintaining fiscal control.
11/03 to 07/05 Chief Executive Officer; oversees all functions of organization including fiscal control, labor management, and strategic planning.
- Collaborated with team of department leaders to initiate change and achieve County goals.
- Trained department heads ensuring compliance with County directives and policies.
- Dealt with personnel issues, oversaw workforce of 1,000 ensuring County compliance policy and law.
- Networked with elected board and department heads to implement new policy.
- Represented County in media and print.
08/03 to Present Kim Park Properties, LLC Residential rental properties of all types including single-family homes, multiple units and storage.
- Perform all record keeping, accounting, insurance and workman’s compensation reporting.
- Manage rental margins, collection, maintenance and capital improvements for 20 units.
- Oversight of contracted projects and part-time employees.
- Responsible for handling privately held mortgage investments.
Director of Business Development/Owner
12/12 to 11/15 Finger Lakes Home Supply, LLC Distributorship of food, maintenance and light medical supplies to New York State Group Homes in the Finger Lakes Region
- Responsible for management of business, customer base and direction of sales.
- Obtained $1M in sales the first year of development.
- Managed marketing, sales outreach and compliance issues with New York State regional offices.
Senior Regional Advisor
McGraw Hill Corporation 07/02 to 10/03
- Managed and maintained customer relations for business expansion and continued product success and implementation for staff development program.
- Conducted seminars and presentations on product and various education, management and economic topics for small and large groups.
- Prepared strategic business plans and economic product forecasts for New York State.
- Communicated and participated as part of a national sales, implementation and product development team.
Wayne Finger Lakes BOCES
03/94 to 12/00 Co-directed, created and implemented marketing strategies for a national long-term staff development program.
- Increased sales of national staff development program by 50% within a two-year time period.
- Conducted staff development and in-service trainings for educators and administrators.
- Managed team of national staff development trainers and assigned personnel according to customer needs.
- Responsible for assisting and directed the development of new products, long-term planning according to customer needs and market demands while maintaining fiscal control.
State University of New York at Brockport : Masters of Public Administration
State University of New York at Oswego : Masters of Education
State University of New York at Oswego BS: Marketing / BA Psychology
Committee and Community Involvement
- Appointed representative by Congressman John Katko for Congressional Advisory Team
- Wayne County Community Services Board
- Wayne County Rural Health and Nursing Home Quality Assurance
- Volunteer, Wolcott Veterans of Foreign Wars
- New York State Association of Counties and New York State Association of Towns Cornell University Labor Relations
- Wayne County Labor Compliance Training